Some key questions to consider are:
- Do you understand the customer’s requirement and do you have a solution that will help the customer achieve its desired outcomes and contractual objectives?
- Do you understand your contractual risk and obligations?
- Do you have an existing relationship with the customer?
- Do you understanding the pricing and financial modelling requirements, and do you have the ability to offer a proposal that incentivises benefit for both parties?
- Do you understand your risk position (including solution, technical, pricing and programme risks) and do you have clarity over the inputs / dependencies from the customer?
- Do you understand the supply chain and your key subcontractor relationships and dependencies? Do you have a supplier management function to ensure delivery of third party obligations?
- Do you have intelligence into who else is bidding, and do you understand the customer budget / price to win?
- Do you have the resources to complete the bid response in the timescales requested?